TICKETING POLICY - 2020 EUROVISION
ESCFAN/OGAE Australia is not a ticketing agency for Eurovision.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Ensure you signed up as a member by 30th June 2019
- For existing members ensure your membership is renewed in July 2019
- The Club will open the ballot process in July/August for you to enroll in the ballot (you will be notified via newsletter, facebook and on our social media)
- Enter the ballot before the closing date Sept/Oct
- A ballot will be held by the Club in Oct/Nov - again you will be notified
- Once the ballot is completed a ballot list will be produced
- Now we wait for OGAE International to successfully obtain ticket packages from the organisers of Eurovision (anytime from Nov 2019 to February 2020)
- OGAE International will notify the Club of the packages available to us
- The Club will commence the allocation process and confirm with ballot members (in order) of their success
- Your ticket allocation or otherwise will be confirmed
- When ticket sales are open you will be advised of how to purchase your tickets
In preparation for 2020 Eurovision we note the following will apply to our ballot:
- Only Primary Members that joined by 30th June 2019 will be eligible for entry into the 2020 Ballot to be held later in the year.
- Members must be financial at the time of the ballot (ie renewed their membership)
- Proposals are currently being drafted to change the ballot process and the process of issuing tickets to ballot members. These will be finalised later in the year.
WHAT ARE OGAE TICKET PACKAGES?
Every year OGAE International approaches the hosting broadcaster to have a number of ‘ticket packages’ made available to members of OGAE clubs. The tickets are generally for the best vantage spots in the venue – located front of stage in standing or seating.
These tickets are much prized by fans, not only for their location and discounted cost, but eliminate the need to risk the public sale and ensure you are placed alongside other strong Eurovision fan club members from across the world.
Prior to 2019 Ticket Packages were mainly for 6 shows (3 live and 3 jury shows).
In 2019 two packages were available:
- Package 1 - 3 Live shows and 3 First Rehearsals
- Package 2 - 3 Jury Shows
Can I just purchase one ticket – say to the final, rather than the ‘OGAE Ticket package’?
No. OGAE Tickets are sold as a package only, and not available individually, or to be re-sold or split up. If you wish to attend just one show (or a selected few), it is suggested you purchase these tickets through the official ticket seller when they go on public sale.
How is OGAE Australia operating this process?
Refer to the important changes notified above.
We will require members to advise us of their interest in tickets so that they can be on a list which will later be drawn to assign a number (position) for a possible ticket. Members will be notified when they can register for the 2020 Ballot.
Once numbers are assigned, if any member wishes to withdraw their interest, tickets will be offered to the next available person down the list, and so on.
Only primary members of OGAE Australia will be eligible for the ballot. Only one package can be purchased per member.
For those who plan to attend with another person (maximum of 2 people), you are able to advise us of their name so that you can be placed together in the ballot, and thus, assigned one number in the draw together. Both people must be primary members of this Club.
It is important that only members who are serious about attending and purchasing tickets through our club indicate their interest in the ballot. The numbers we send to OGAE International for their negotiations of packages are accountable, and if not met once allocated can affect future negotiations and allocations to OGAE clubs.
Once OGAE Packages are allocated to the Club, we will be in contact with members to confirm they will accept the package. Once we notify OGAE of your acceptance, we are unable to reallocate your tickets to anyone else. Any members that confirm acceptance of a package and do not end up purchasing (ie another member has missed out on those tickets) will be disadvantaged in any future ballots.
What are my chances of obtaining an OGAE ticket package?
This is a difficult question to answer but here are some factors that will impact on your success:
- The number of members applying for a package (the more applying, the less your chance of success)
- The number of primary members we have in total. The more primary members we have, then the greater the percentage of packages we receive from the total tickets offered to OGAE International. To ensure your primary membership is counted please ensure you have activated your OGAE Card via the Cardskipper App.
- The total overall packages offered to OGAE International
- The outcome of the ballot (ie what number you receive)
In addition to the OGAE Packages we also assist members via the public sale as much as we can.