If you're looking for a cure for the dreaded Post-Eurovision-Depression, then we have the perfect medicine - the 2019 OGAE Second Chance Contest is open for voting!
In what has become an institution amongst Eurovision fan clubs since 1987, the Second Chance Contest gives those songs that missed out representing their country at the "real" Eurovision a chance to shine. Think of it as a Eurovision from an alternate world...ooh, now there's something to think about.
The Second Chance Contest is open to all OGAE clubs from countries that have hosted a National Final to select their Eurovision entrant, with each selecting their favourite performance that unfortunately didn't make it to Tel Aviv. This year, we have 24 clubs putting forward their selections - including Australia, as we compete for the very first time as a contestant!!
Last year's winner was Annalisa with "Il Mondo Prima di te", which means OGAE Italy are hosting this years' contest.
The running order this year is as follows:
- CROATIA - Lorena “Tower of Babylon”
- CZECH REPUBLIC - Barbora Mochowa “True Colors”
- HUNGARY - The Middletonz “Roses”
- LATVIA - Edgars Kreilis “Cherry Absinthe”
- DENMARK - Julie & Nina “League of Light”
- ALBANIA - Mirud “Nënë”
- ESTONIA - Lumevärv ft. Inga “Milline päev”
- SWEDEN - Anna Bergendahl “Ashes to Ashes”
- PORTUGAL - Surma “Pugna”
- ROW (Moldova) - Maxim Zavidia “I Will Not Surrender”
- FINLAND - Darude ft. Sebastian Rejman “Superman”
- NORWAY - Mørland “En livredd mann”
- ICELAND - Friðrik Ómar “Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað?”
- ROMANIA - Bella Santiago “Army of Love”
- UKRAINE - Kazka “Apart”
- FRANCE - Seemone “Tous les deux”
- SERBIA - Wonder Strings i Ivana Vladović “Moja bol”
- GERMANY - Aly Ryan “Wear Your Love”
- UNITED KINGDOM - Kerrie-Anne “Sweet Lies”
- AUSTRALIA - Electric Fields “2000 and Whatever”
- SPAIN - María “Muérdeme”
- ITALY - Il Volo “Musica che resta”
- SLOVENIA - Ula Ložar “Fridays”
- LITHUANIA - Monika Marija “Light On”
Now before you start getting your 12 points ready for our Electric Fields - each club cannot vote for their own country, which means, for this exercise, you're all going to have to find a new favourite...at least temporarily.
So...to give someone a second chance at Eurovision glory - START VOTING NOW!!!
WE ALSO HAVE A VOTING GUIDE TO HELP TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR FAVOURITES HERE
VOTING IS OPEN TO OGAE AUSTRALIA MEMBERS ONLY VIA GOOGLE FORM
(LINK VIA FACEBOOK OR MEMBERS EMAIL)
VOTING CLOSES MIDNIGHT 21st JULY 2019